Pete and Brenda Show
Imagine enjoying going to work
with your spouse every day! Pete and Brenda do, as they generate
frivolity, laughter and lots of entertaining banter to lighten your
day. Anyone with experience in a relationship can relate to these
two! Brenda is a brainy blonde, navigationally challenged, but able
to locate every shoe sale within a hundred miles. She's sharp, hip
and well versed in all the latest pop culture trends. Pete is a
lovable, wisecracking chocoholic who just wants to have fun. After
Brenda and their dog Beemer, Pete's best friend is the TV remote!
The Pete & Brenda Show is
like meeting a friend for conversation over a cup of coffee or a
glass of wine. Pete & Brenda share some funny moments and generously
dispense a few anecdotes and stories; except it seems like they're
sitting right next to you. Pete & Brenda listeners say that
they make them laugh. It's hard to put our finger on that one thing
that inspires those chuckles. Maybe it's a matter of not over thinking
things and just letting things happen naturally. The Pete &
Brenda Show features fun lifestyle segments and friendly conversation
engaging the listener every minute. Pete and Brenda's fun and informative
guests move in and out of their show like friends stopping by for
a cup of coffee and a quick, upbeat chat.
About Pete & Brenda
Before they launched their morning show together
in 2001, Pete & Brenda were each successful on their own as radio
hosts in Atlanta, Philadelphia, Baltimore-Washington D.C., and Houston,
working at legendary stations like WSB-FM, WASH-FM, WCAO, WMZQ-FM,
WCAU-FM and KKBQ-FM.
Then in 2001 someone said, "Why don't you host a
morning show together?" So, off they went to upstate New York (where
it snows over 200 inches every year!) to launch their morning show.
Pete knew from the time he was six years old that
he wanted to work in radio. He grew up outside of Philadelphia and
headed to school in Washington D.C. to start his broadcasting education.
Brenda became a broadcaster completely by accident.
She was born in Bermuda where her father served in the Air Force
(there was an active base there at the time) and was raised in Maryland.
She was an English major in college and had planned to be a writer.
On a whim she attended a few broadcasting classes and changed her
Pete & Brenda met while volunteering at the Johns
Hopkins Children's Center Oncology Unit in Baltimore. They were
married in 1987.
Pete is a former EMT and has served as a volunteer
ambulance driver. He coached football and is a certified drug counselor.
Pete loves sports and while in upstate New York co-hosted a sports
call-in show with legendary Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim.
Brenda is a three-time Associated Press award winner
for Public Service. She helped launch a first of its kind, award-winning
literacy radio program to help people learn to read and write. Brenda
is also a talented artist who worked as a graphics designer and
writer before launching her radio career.
Pete & Brenda love what they do, are engaged in
life, and community work is their service. They have helped countless
organizations raise money to support the people in their community.
Throughout their careers, Pete & Brenda have warmly
and enthusiastically committed themselves to countless organizations.
Pete & Brenda have been known to spontaneously reach out when there
is a need; a car wash, a cut-a-thon, collecting clothes, delivering
meals, even helping a ravaged school system restock their libraries
and replace their musical instruments after a devastating flood.
They've even helped an elementary school choir find the money they
needed to travel 3000 miles to sing the National Anthem on the steps
of the U.S. Capitol. Their motto is, "do as much as we can, whenever
we can, and however we can." Below is a partial list of the organizations,
schools, and churches Pete & Brenda have helped to support.
- Alyssa Malchow Breast Cancer Fund
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- ARC of Onondoga County
- Arthritis Foundation of CNY
- Bethany House
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters Columbia Northwest
- Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund
- Casey's Children's Place
- Children's Cancer Foundation
- Children's Center of Clackamas County
- Children's Hospital at SUNY Upstate Medical Center
- Children's Miracle Network
- City Team Ministries
- Easter Seals Greater Washington - Baltimore
- Easter Seals of Oregon & SW Washington
- Eastridge Church
- Emmaus Christian School
- Father's Heart Ministry
- Grace Christian School
- Happy Valley City Park
- Harold Oliver Intermediate School
- Haven of Hope Ranch Newberg OR
- Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund
- John's Hopkins Children's Center
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- Kate's Kids for the Cure
- King School National Anthem Project
- King's Academy of Oregon City
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central New York
- Mt Hood & Gresham Jazz Runs
- My Father's House
- Ophelia's Place
- Oregon Dream Makeover
- Portland Adventist Elementary School
- Read Across America
- Relay for Life - ACS
- Rescue Mission - Central New York
- Rescue Mission - Portland
- Ridgefield Church
- Southeast Portland Summer Read Program
- SPCA Central New York
- SPCA/Humane Society of Multnomah County
- Special Olympics
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- The Rite-Aid Drug Quiz Show
- Vancouver Council for the Homeless Winter Hospitality Overflow
- Vernonia School District - Library & Music Department
- Warren Elementary School